Saturday, August 21, 2010

Now I'm Across the World

Guess where I am... I'm in Hungary.  I got here safely without any problems (except screaming babies in the seat in front of me).  It's pretty cool so far, except I can't read anything, anywhere.  And I'm tired.  And I'm hot.

I'll be excited when I solve those problems.  I'm excited now, except I keep forgetting.  Because I'm tired.

I rode to the hostel I'm staying in from the airport on a funny little bus.  The airport is in the middle of nowhere and the area doesn't look very attractive.  Then the roads started to become busier, more like city streets.  Then all of a sudden, the bus went past the wall of buildings ride onto a bridge over the Danube and the view was incredible.  That's when I realized that I'm somewhere very different.

The next time I realized I was somewhere different was when I didn't know how to work the door handle to my room (it doesn't turn, it has a button on the outside).

The next time I realized I was somewhere different was when I couldnt figure out how to flush the toilet.  Don't worry, I figured it out.  But it splashed me.

Now I'm going to try and find some food, and then get some sleep.  This should be interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Japanese toilets are very interesting. Many have heated seats, flushing sounds, and other strange things. Mine is simple, it only has big flush and little flush (which never seems to work).

    ReplyDelete