Sunday, November 21, 2010

Pictures of Lake Bled, Postojna, and Zagreb

Remember the trip I took during my fall break a few weeks ago?  Click here if you don't.  I still have pictures to share with you.  Again I've posted them on another site, and I will give you the link here.

First, there's Lake Bled.  It's the famous, picturesque lake in the Slovenian Alps where I spent Halloween.  It was rainy, foggy, and incredible.  The pictures don't really do it justice, but they sure try.  Click here to see them:

Click the picture to go to the album.

Next, my pictures from Postojna.  That's where I visited a big cave full of Koreans, saw the coolest castle ever that's built into a cave/cliff, and met an Indian who was obsessed with the internet.  By the way, I still haven't received my eagerly awaited e-mail from him.  Click this picture to see the rest:

Click this image to go to the Postojna pictures.

Finally, some pictures from one of my new favorite cities, Zagreb, Croatia.  I fell in love with this place, and I may very well meet my wife there.  She will obviously be beautiful and dressed very stylishly, as all Croatian women seem to be.  Until then, you can enjoy pictures of the city by clicking here:

Click this picture to see Zagreb.

Now, for my Hungarian word of the day.  It may not be correct, however, because I learned it from the dictionary.  I have a strange distrust of language dictionaries, because they always seem to give a similar, but incorrect, word that causes people to laugh.

Fénykép (pronounced like "faint" without the "T" and "cape").  It means "photo".

One more thing, tomorrow I will (hopefully) be making an exciting announcement about my blog!  Be sure to visit so you can find out what it is.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds exciting! I mean the announcement! I wont sleep tonight therefore! And I wish to see your promised wife! (a fénykép at least!) The word is correct it comes from:

    fény (fain) = light
    kép (cape) = picture

    so, you've learned two words today! Congratulation! :)

    nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, thanks nat! That's nice when two words can be joined to make one, it can really save some time in learning.

    I hope my announcement is exciting enough! I'm excited about it. Unfortunately it isn't that I've found a wife, so a fénykép will have to wait!

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hungarian is "agglutinative". It's an infrequent characteristic of some languages, but not of indo-European languages. Hence the ability to create new words (even on the fly) by stitching some appropriate words together.

    ReplyDelete